Serves 12 muffins
- 100g Porridge Oats
- 125g Wholewheat flour
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen cherries – chopped
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, adding the fruit last so it doesn’t break up too much.
- Use silicone moulds as easier to pop out after.
- Fill a 12 hole muffin tin with the mixture.
- Turn the oven down to 180c once ready to start cooking.
- Cook for 25/30 minutes.
- Let cool before storing away in tins, or eat warm with some home made banana ice cream.