Serves 4 large portions
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 spring onions – chopped, all of the onion, even the green parts
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 2 tablespoons measuring of fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2000ml stock – made with 1 teaspoon of organic vegan bouillon
- 150g mixed mushrooms – use lots of different types to add different flavours
- 100g dried porcini mushrooms – place in boiling water to re-hydrate them
- 83g Udon noodles
- 1 tablespoon of miso powder
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- Handful of Kale leaves chopped
1 tsp of fresh coriander chopped
1/2 red chilli – deseed and chop
Using a large lidded saucepan, add a little water and add the onion, spring onion, garlic and ginger, cook on medium heat for approx 3 minutes.
Make the stock up, add to the saucepan along with the mushrooms, miso powder and rice wine vinegar, cover with the lid and cook for 15 minutes on low, then bring to the boil and take off the heat once reached.
Break the noodles in half and add to the soup pan, along with the kale leaves, cook for a further 10 minutes on low, and then finally ladle the soup between both bowls, and top with some fresh coriander.