Serves 12 larges slices
- 160g wholemeal flour – you could use porridge oats blended instead here.
- 10g light brown castor sugar
- 20g truvia free sweetner
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 medium bananas – mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp spoons homemade apple sauce (3 apples cubed, stew in water with 1 tbsp truvia and 1 tsp vanilla extract for 20 minutes, cool and blend)
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 3 snack sized reese butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 165c, grease a loaf tin or add a liner.
- Mix the egg, egg white, sugar, truvia, mashed bananas, vanilla extract, apple sauce, peanut butter until blended together – do this by hand not mixer.
- In a separate bowl mix the baking powder, bicarb soda, flour together, then slowly mix into the wet mixture a little at a time.
- Chop the reese butter cups up into small pieces and add to the mixture.
- Pour into a loaf tin 0 I use greaseproof liners for ease of taking out of the tin.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes – test by sticking a cocktail stick in several areas and it should come out clean.
- Leave it to cool before cutting.
You should be able to get 12 good slices out of each loaf, but you could make it go further by cutting each slice in half again, which would reduce the points value down.