Serves 11 slices
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas mashed
- 80g ground almonds
- 20g porridge oats
- 50g almond butter
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate
- 4tsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1tsp mixed all spice
- 3 dates stoned and chopped
- 60g cherries
- 20g dried cranberries chopped
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Place the eggs in a mixer for 5mins until light and creamy.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix again for 1min on low setting.
- Take bowl off mixer base to add the rest by hand. Add the oats, ground almonds, almond butter, baking powder, bicarbonate and agave or maple syrup. Stir up and then add the all spice, dates, cherries and cranberries. Mix again.
- Prepare a loaf tin, I use greaseproof liner for ease, tip in and level out mixture and cook for 35-40mins or until cake is cooked. Check with wooden cocktail stick.
- Leave to cool and then remove and slice.