Makes 12 muffin bites
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1/4 butternut squash diced
- 1/2 courgette diced
- 1 parsnip diced
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 50g light cathedral city light mature cheese
- 50g extra light philadelphia cheese
- 1 slice of ww danish malted bread – made into breadcrumbs
- * if required some of the vegetable cooking water to loosen the veg
- 150g whole-wheat macaroni – cook until just ready, not too soft
Cook the carrot, cauliflower, butternut squash, courgette and parsnip in water for approx 15mins, leave to cool and then blend until sauce consistency, you may add to add some of the cooking water to loosen it up.
Add the milk, grated cheese and philadelphia, stir using a metal whisk until it looks like a cheese sauce.
Mix the cooked macaroni with the sauce.
Spray a 12 muffin hole tin with spray light oil, and then spoon in the mixture between the 12 holes. Top each with some of the breadcrumbs and cook for 35mins in a preheated oven of 170c.
I made these plain, but next time for myself I will add some bacon, spring onion and maybe some mushrooms chopped at the end process before filling the muffin tin. Plus I will season with salt, but didn’t do this time around as my baby will be eating them.