Serves 2 large portions
Preparation time – 20 mins – if cooking a chicken breast to use if no leftover chicken, or 10 minutes otherwise
Cook time – 15 mins
- 100g cooked chicken breast – shredded
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 spring onions – chopped, all of the onion, even the green parts
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 2 tablespoons measuring of fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1000ml stock – made with 1 teaspoon of organic vegan bouillon and boiling water
- 150g mixed mushrooms – use lots of different types to add different flavours
- 40g wholemeal spaghetti – broken in half
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 pack of watercress
- Optional extra: Fresh coriander – chopped to serve
Cook the spaghetti for 15 mins, drain and put into cold water to stop it cooking further.
Shred the cooked chicken breast with forks. (tip – I poach a couple of chicken breasts once a week to use in different dishes, so handy to have them cooked up already to use)
Using a large lidded saucepan, add a little water and add the onion, spring onion, garlic and ginger, cook on medium heat for approx 3 minutes.
Make the stock up, add to the saucepan along with the chicken, mushrooms, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar, cover with the lid and cook for 15 minutes on low, then bring to the boil and take off the heat once reached.
Place half of the cooked spaghetti into two bowls, and half of the watercress (tip here, I break the watercress in half as adding, easier to eat) and finally ladle the soup between both bowls, and top with some fresh coriander.