- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 750g tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Vegan bouillon – mixed with 350ml boiling water
- A handful of fresh basil leaves – torn
- Add a little of the stock to large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, tomato puree, tomatoes, salt and pepper, cook on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce down and simmer for 20 mins, add the basil leaves once you start simmering.
- Let it cool, then blend in either a food mixer or with hand blender.
- Serve hot with fresh bread or crumpets topped with low fat quark – points need to be added for the bread.
*I use a soup maker, I put everything into it at the start, set the timer to 20 minutes, and start at high, once boiling reduce the heat to simmer. Once completed simply pulse in the jug you have cooked in.