Makes 8 meatballs
- 150g chicken mince – I ask my butcher to mince chicken breasts or boneless thighs
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp piri piri spice
- 1 egg beaten – I only used half of the mix
- 2 slices of nimble wholemeal bread – made into breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp rapeseed oil – mix into the breadcrumbs
- 40g light mozzarella – cut into 8 small pieces
- 2 tsp of rapeseed oil – to cook the meatballs in
- Preheat the oven to 180c, line a baking tray with non stick baking paper.
- Mix the chicken, spring onions, garlic salt, fennel seed, piri piri and 1/4 of egg in a large bowl, and shape into 8 meatballs.
- Tip the breadcrumbs, which has been mixed with the 1/4 tsp oil into a shallow dish, and the remaining egg mixture into another.
- Dip each meatball into the egg and then into the crumbs, repeat until all coated (you should end up with some of the egg still left).
- Heat a non stick frying pan, add the remaining oil and cook the meatballs for approx 1 min on each side. Transfer to the baking tray and finish off in the oven for 12 mins.
- Served here with a summer mixed salad with fruit added.