Serves 3 portions
- 250g short grain brown rice
- 2 tsp vegan organic bouillon
- 1 pint of boiling water
- 250g mixed mushrooms & 30g porcini mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 stick celery diced
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 125ml white wine – vegan friendly if having a vegan day
Optional on veggie day:
- 30g parmesan cheese – points need to be added though
In a non stick deep frying pan sweat the onion, garlic and celery in a little of the stock.
Add the rice and cook for 5 mins. Add half of the stock, stir, cover and simmer, leave for 20mins, try not to stir. Then uncover, stir, and add the remaining stock, cover and continue cooking for a further 20mins, leaving it alone again.
While the rice is cooking, fry the mushrooms up with the herbs and garlic, add the peas after 5 minutes, then turn down until ready to add to the rice.
Once the rice has absorbed all the stock, add the mushroom mixture, stir through, season and serve with the fresh parsley.