- 1 can of chickpeas – drained
- 100g new potatoes – quartered
- 1 large onion – roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 2 tsp vegan organic bouillon powder (8g worth)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml boiling water to mix with the vegan stock powder
- Sprinkle of coriander leaves
- Place all the curry ingredients into a slow cooker and set to low for 5 hours. If I’m around I will stir it once, but if not don’t worry it will cook just fine. This can be cooked on the stove top and then transferred to a low heat oven for same time if no slow cooker. Ensure you use a large oven proof saucepan with a lid.
- When you are ready to serve, prepare 100g of kale, 50 g spinach and 7g of pine nuts (1sp) per person, and stir fry in a little rapeseed oil or coconut oil (1sp) for a few minutes. Toast some wholemeal Pitta (3sp) to enjoy with this.
- Serve the curry with the greens straight away.
TIP – You can blend any of the curry leftovers the next day to make a nice thick soup, just add a little more boiling water to thin the mixture out to a soup consistency.